Workbench Course – Essential Front Vise
Buy Now, Pay Later
Our Workbench Course time is Fridays 10am to 2 30pm for 8-10 sessions. The project has some major glue-ups so timelines can vary.
Limit of 4 places only.
- This exceptionally solid bench is based on Charles Holtzapffel & Andre Roubo bench designs.
- We are using Victorian Ash, (Mountain Ash, Alpine Ash) which is one of the three timbers that comes under the Tas Oak umbrella. Very solid straight strong Australian hardwood. We will use around 40 metres of 100mm x 50mm timber per bench.
- The bench top will be just under 100mm thick, around 1800mm long & 600mm wide. Legs 100mm square, as are cross members, stretchers are 200mm x 50mm. Front legs flush with bench to enable large workpiece clamping.
- Bench is able to be dismantled and moved with ease due to our brass round nut system.
- Essential Basic does not have any vises but you can add yours, the other three benches have a large front vise with 350mm hardwood jaw, Split leather jaw face is an option.
- Henry Eckert holdfast included with each bench.
- Drilled dog holes for bench holdfasts & bench dogs.
- Four models – Essential Basic, Essential without a tail vise, Essential with standard vise with dog hole to use as a tail vise & Essential with HNT Gordon 150mm tail vise.